Sunday, July 6, 2014

Food Network Star Week Six

Halfway point, thank God.

The Food Network is airing a new promo, claiming this is the best season ever of Food Network Star. In advertising there's fluffing something up, there's putting a positive spin on something, and then there's straight up lying.

But on to the show, I guess. So the contestants are given the ability to make anything? And then present their POV? Shouldn't we have done this on the first episode?

Well whatever. At least I can actually figure out what each player's POV is.

Emma did a fair job. She took the criticism well. I'll even admit to feeling a little tension as the judges tasted her food.

Lenny, Chris and Nicole all seem to be in the same boat where they dropped the ball on the commercial but the judges liked the food.

"Loreal, I've got one word. 'Dang!" Yeah, I've got two words, but people I work for might be reading this. She had the opposite problem: the commercial was better than the food.

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah. You DON'T actually feel like you're at the beach when you're in front of a green screen. You actually did a good commercial. It's been your one victory this season. But in the name of basic human dignity stop acting like you're seeing the world for the first time.

Reuben...just go get Chad to take over.

And I am no closer to understanding the POV's. Lenny is a cowboy. That's all I've got and I figured that out on my own a month and a half ago.

So what have we learned at this point? Well, no matter how low we set the bar, NOBODY is standing out in this group. So, if Chad isn't on next week am I going to keep watching? Probably, just to finish out the season. But unless season eleven is an all-star season I think I'm going to be watching something else from now on.

Update: Chad isn't coming back. I have a week to decide if I'm even going to bother continuing with this blog project since there is literally nobody competing who I would vote for.

No comments:

Post a Comment