Friday, October 23, 2015

The Twelfth Toll (Part Four of Four)

The final stand against the darkness. Search your memories for Part One, Part Two and Part Three.






In Peractio

My patient number gave me the path I took through the twelve rooms of the house, which were laid out in the same configuration as the telephone buttons on the painting in the Studio. Thus, the North most rooms from West to East were the Kitchen, The Studio, and the Playroom; represented by the telephone buttons 1, 2, and 3. Just South of these rooms were the Dining Hall, the Corridor, and the Bedroom represented by buttons 4, 5, and 6 respectively. The Living Room (my entry point), the Study, and the Washroom corresponded to 7, 8, and 9. And at the Southernmost area of the house was the Cellar, the Library, and the Conservatory, represented by the *, 0, and # buttons.
Taking this into account, my patient number of 78-963-2580*7412 gave me a path of Living Room, Study, Washroom, Bedroom, Playroom, Studio, Corridor, Study, Library, Cellar, Living Room, Dining Hall, Kitchen, and Studio where I made my escape.
I began in the Living Room with no knowledge of how to solve the keypad, and I moved East into the Study, where I also had no means of solving the fireplace puzzle. Further East into the Washroom gave me the first puzzle I could figure out, although it was a waste of my time. The solution was: “Psychologically horror-stricken procrastination counterbalances accomplishments. Congratulations.” How considerate.
Turning North into the Bedroom, I solved the Sudoku, where I retrieved the clue necessary for the fireplace in the Study, “Sweet Home”. Continuing North I solved the Playroom’s maze, releasing Bobby Barrows on my tail. I ran West to the Studio, and subsequently the exit, but I had not a rune with which to unlock the door, so I solved the puzzle on the mirror and ran South.
In the Corridor, I solved the jumble, which had the solution of “I GOT A ROCK” and was successful in destroying Bobby Barrows’s blades. South to the Study again, I entered “Sweet Home” into the first line of the grid and solved the puzzle which ended in the name “Slender”. From that moment on, the Slender Man began pursuing me through the house.
South into the Library, and I solved the puzzle on the shelves and entered the Cellar to the West. By successfully placing the planks, and recording the numbers on the kegs in the order I traversed them, I received the code for the Living Room: 4-6-3-2-2-3-4-6-3-3. Still not having a rune on my person, Pious Augustus left me alone.
I scurried North into the Living Room again, where this time I entered the code to reach the North passage into the Dining Hall. Solving the puzzle of the cake gave me the very rune that Pious was searching for; one that would allow me to escape from the house. Heading North into the Kitchen, I confronted Daniella, who gave me the head start I needed when I answered her rebus depicting “Phantasmagoria”. She followed me East into the Studio where she became distracted by her reflection in the mirror and I used the Rune to unlock the door leading out.
I never set foot in the Conservatory.

Thank you for joining me on this strange journey.

Copyrighted characters I've blatantly stolen from:

Slender Man from Slender: The Eight Pages
Daniella and Fiona Belli from Haunting Ground
Pious Augustus and Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Bobby Barrows AKA Scissorman from Clock Tower
Pyramid Head, James Sunderland, and Angela Orosco from Silent Hill 2
Henry Stauf from The 7th Guest

with added scenes swiped from Shivers, Zork: Grand Inquisitor, and Banjo-Kazooie.


If you enjoyed The Twelfth Toll, be sure to check out my video about it's creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment