Thursday, April 28, 2016

Table of Contents Page for My Multi-Chapter Stories

As you may have surmised from the title, this is the table of contents page for my multi-chapter stories, ultimately for the sake of convenient navigation.


Scooby-Doo's Unsolved Mystery

An unnamed journalist (also gender non-specific, clever me) has a chance encounter with Shaggy Rogers some time after Mystery Inc. has disbanded. The conversation reveals a curious blemish on the gang's track record, and the journalist becomes intrigued enough to re-open the investigation. I'm quite proud of this story for a few reasons. First and definitely foremost, I feel the mystery works, and that's been an ongoing struggle for me in the past. Second, I feel like I successfully got inside the heads of each character and got their beats and mannerisms down without turning them into caricatures. And finally, I maintain that the best Scooby-Doo stories are the ones that remember to give Daphne something vital to do plot-wise. You can probably guess from the chapter titles that was an important element to me.

Chasing the Rabbit

This is my epic Disney fan-fiction (in progress) which I've had rattling around in my head for well over a decade now. I never thought to try writing it down until I started publishing on fanfiction.net, but when I learned that the site came with a built in audience I couldn't resist. The story: several famous Disney characters from different stories are waking up in an unfamiliar jungle with limited memories of who they are and no idea why they are there. As one mystery unravels, a larger one takes its place.

The Wax Buzzard Files

This detective spoof story came out of desperation one week when I was suffering from serious writer's block. I'd vowed over a year prior that I was going to take my blog seriously and post something on at least a weekly basis, but this particular week I simply could not motivate myself. So I decided to just go completely into absurd humor. I wound up liking the result and decided to revisit Detective Guffey any time I wasn't feeling up to a respectable blog. Suffice to say I have NO idea where this story is going, and I find that strangely liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment