Thursday, January 12, 2017

Silly Questionairre Redux


What can I say? I'm going through a bit of a creative lull as it pertains to my blog. I also got a PS4 for Christmas, which may be a factor.


Just a head's up: you know those occasional blogs I post about The Carousel that very few people read? I've made it a goal this year (as well as last year, but let's not dwell on the catastrophe that was 2016) to get my first book into a readably complete first draft. As such I'm probably not going to have quite as much time to devote to my blog. It's been a really good exercise for me to hold myself to a weekly schedule, but I suspect the blog may be keeping me from doing the necessary work on my story. So fairly soon I expect I'll be sliding down to an every-other-week blog posting, as I can't fathom giving it up altogether.


As for this week, I haven't really had a chance to work up anything for a blog post, so I dug up this questionnaire that I filled out on Facebook a month and a half ago. I have to say, I never get tired of these.


1. Are you named after someone? I’m sure there have been millions of people who were named before I was. Susan B. Anthony is the first one who comes to mind.

 2. When is the last time you cried? The morning of November 9th. And some part of me has yet to stop.

 3. Do you like your handwriting? I have horrible handwriting. My first ‘I like you’ note was met with the girl’s puzzled bewilderment followed by a delighted “Oh, it’s an elephant!”

 4. What is your favorite lunchmeat? By itself, pastrami. In conjunction with a sandwich of some merit, sliced turkey.

 5. Do you have children & how many? I have one dachshund, and he’s going to be a senator before he’s twenty-five.

 6. Relationship status? Happily married to an angel.

 7. Do you use sarcasm? With the exception of my answer to the previous question (and I guess this one), constantly.

 8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes, I keep them in the back of my mouth.

 9. Would you bungee jump? Maybe. I’ll want to practice from a safe height first, like the top of a step ladder. I’ll let you know how it goes.

 10. What is your favorite kind of cereal? I want to say Smurf Berry Crunch. I don’t think I ever had the cereal, but I really like saying Smurf Berry Crunch.

 11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No. I slide them on and kick them off. It gives me more time to think about how I might eventually change the world for the better.

 12. Do you think you're strong? As an ox. A really weak ox. Maybe a wombat named ‘Ox’. So, no.

 13. What is your favorite ice cream? If I choose a favorite, the rest of the ice cream will get jealous. But if you’re going to Baskin Robbins you can get me a hot fudge sundae with chocolate/peanut butter.

 14. What is the first thing you notice about people? They’re in the way. And whether or not they’re wearing a propeller beanie.

 15. Football or Baseball? Well, if it doesn’t have ‘Mario’ in the title then I’m unfamiliar with it. I guess I’ll have to choose baseball over whatever that first one you mentioned was.

 16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I’m always hanging around, having bad handwriting and acting like I’m as strong as a wombat named ‘Ox’. I also tend to collect grudges.

 17. What color pants are you wearing? Black. I found them this morning right there on the floor where I left them.

 18. What was the last thing you ate? Six mini-doughnuts. In numerical order.

 19. What are you listening to right now? “Let it Go”. In my head. Right where it’s been. For three years and counting. Thanks.

 20. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I’m blue! Da Ba De Da Ba Di, Da Ba De, Da- Nope. “Let it Go” is still there.

 21. Favorite smell? Crawfish seasoning.

 22. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? Well, that would be one of the library’s patrons asking me if we were open. “To what?” I said.

 23. Favorite sport to watch? Figure skating. I love to sit in the stands and chant “Go Figure!”

 24. Hair color? Brown, unless I’m wearing a wig.

 25. Eye color? Blue, unless I’m lying.

 26. Books or Movies? I have so little of an attention span for reading. I think I only got halfway through “Where the Wild Things Are”. Did that kid ever have his dinner?

 27. Favorite food to eat? As opposed to what, throw at the television? Let’s see…favorite food for the specific purpose of eating, narrows it down a bit. Let’s go with the tried and true Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs.

 28. Scary movies or movies with happy endings? I thought The Collection was a scary movie with a pretty happy ending. I think as long as the movie gets the ending it deserves then I’m okay with it being up or down. It’s when the filmmakers force an unearned ending into the final act that I have to throw food at the television. Jerks.

 29. Last movie you watched? For the first time: Doctor Strange. For the umpteenth time: Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. And now my brain is trying to blend them together. “Listen to this Ancient Babe! She knows what she’s talking about!”

 30. What color shirt are you wearing? Dark grey. With black pants. I’m one tiny step closer to becoming Batman.

No comments:

Post a Comment