Sunday, June 29, 2014

Food Network Star Week Five

Let's do a quick recap of everything that's important to this week's episode.

1. Nicole seriously had never heard of Knott's Berry Farm? Here's a hint: it's a MAJOR theme park in California!

2. Emma's husband thought of proposing to her while he was catching crabs. That's a really terrible story. Never tell it again.

3. Chris got HUGE laughs with his Obama impression. HUGE laughs. Either the audience was paid off, or they all came straight from the same church service.

4. Every time Loreal 'Go Home' Gavin needlessly end her statements with "what?" you have to take a drink. That's not a rule, it's advice. It'll get you through her screen time.

5. We're not even halfway through this damned season.

I was kind of surprised that the judges let it slide when Loreal 'Go Home' Gavin made the innuendo with the piece of meat. It's further proof that they've given up. I was not surprised that Christopher went home, although I wasn't expecting how much Bobby Flay tried to defend him. Christopher was a good sport, and like he said almost making it to the halfway point is nothing to hang your head about (Well, in this season it is).

So Christopher was one of my predictions for being in the top three (Chad notwithstanding). So now I have to revise my bet. I'm still predicting Lenny and Nicole. Out of the remaining contestants Sarah and Reuben are useless, Chris is too unfocused and Loreal would actually make me stop watching the channel.

Wow, four weeks ago I would never have guessed I'd be backing Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment