Sunday, March 30, 2014

About Me Questionnaire (Sometime in the Summer of 2008 Edition)

24 deep questions that will really tell you something about me

1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?

It's more difficult when I'm talking about me simply because my eyes tend to wander a lot.


2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry.

Okay, done. Now what?

3. You are on a flight from
Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call.
Who do you call?

How about the Air Force's fire department.

4. You are at the doctor's office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live.
What do you do?

I'd quit my jobs and max out my credit cards traveling.

5. You can have one of the following two things: trust/ love.

Thank you. I'll take trust for now and come back for love later.

6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street...do you save it?

Yes. You never know when a dog in danger is going to turn out to be a member of royalty from a faraway land.

8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more then just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you.
What do you do/say?

I'd reassure them that I'd be their best friend through the whole process of them getting over those feelings.

9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give one year of your life.
Do you do it?

Hang on, I've got a calculator here. There are 8,760 hours in a non-leap year. So you want to know if I think that someone else's life is 8,760 times more valuable than mine? It's not going to happen.

10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?

Yes and I can't have me. Thanks for bringing me down.

11. Does love = sex?

Ooh, algebra. No. Love equaling sex is a rumor people incapable of love concocted.

12. Your boss tells your co-worker that he/she has to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your co-worker has a family to support and no other means of income.
Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company?

No.

13. When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? What did you have to tell the person? Was it difficult?

A couple of months ago I told my roommate how badly my throat was hurting. And that was really hard to say because, as I mentioned, my throat was hurting.

14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a friend, you love them or that you do not love them back?

That I don't love them back. I usually wait until they're not really listening to make it easier.

15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?

Aside from necessities like water, air, and jayisgames.com? My creativity. Ironically I don't have a creative answer as to why it would be hard to lose.

16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them? Who were they to you?

Ginny, at around 12:30 AM today. She's an angel.

17. What is love?

You wait until now to ask? Love is a choice.

18. Imagine. It is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window.
Who do you wish was there with you?

My dalmatian. See actually I'm on the third floor, so it's probably my roommate out on the balcony.

19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?

If it looked like the CPR would help, yeah.

21. You are holding onto your grandmothers hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other.

So many assumptions. In an attempt to take this question seriously, as a human I'd be more inclined to preserve the life that's valuable to me, which I suspect is supposed to be the grandmother (ignoring that both of my grandmothers are already dead). Now based on physics, a newborn weighs about eight pounds give or take. If I can't pitch the damn thing behind me with one hand I seriously doubt I'll be able to hold onto my apparently now living grandmother. The bottom line is, this is never going to happen. But if I were in a similar situation I wouldn't have time to factor in ethics or priorities. I'd merely be reacting based on capability.

22. Are you old fashioned?

I'm thirty-five which I don't call old and my clothes are never trendy so I'm not really fashioned either. I think things that work or make sense do so regardless of which generation comes up with them.

23. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did not expect anything back?

Isn't that the summary of customer service?

24. Which would you choose, love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all?

"Given the option of living in jars
Or a lifetime of trials and woe,
I'll handle the strain and I'll handle the scars
And I'll leave here with something to show."

No comments:

Post a Comment